onceacurmudgeon

To all the pages I've read before

The Wisdom of No Escape: And the Path of Loving-Kindness
Pema Chödrön
River of Smoke: A Novel
Amitav Ghosh
Alif the Unseen
G. Willow Wilson
Half of a Yellow Sun
Taoist Qigong for Health and Vitality: A Complete Program of Movement, Meditation, and Healing Sounds
Sea of Poppies
Amitav Ghosh
AyurVeda: The Science of Self-Healing
Medicine Buddha Teachings
Tibetan Book of Living and Dying: The Spiritual Classic and International Bestseller
The Fault in Our Stars
John Green

Six-Word Memoirs on Love and Heartbreak: By Writers Famous and Obscure

Six-Word Memoirs on Love and Heartbreak: by Writers Famous and Obscure - Larry Smith, Francis DiClemente So I got an email saying that my six word memoir on love was going to be in this book. I was surprised, but it made me swell up inside a bit.They sent me the book and a few odds and ends -- stickers, coasters, etc...It is a slight irreverent book. But the simplicity of the concept and the selected "memoirs" raises it above where it might have ended up. It reads in about 20 minutes. So it did not take me long to peruse for my entry.Only, I could not find it.So I went through it again, only reading the names of the authors. Nothing.I put it down and went back to it days later, knowing that I would find it. Alas, I did not.My six word memoir appears to have wound up like Kevin Costner in The Big Chill: cut at the last moment. Only I promise not to make shity movie after shity movie and generally stink up the joint like he does.And at least I got a free copy. Right?So here is what they would have published if they knew what was good for them:Missing you is like mentholated hiccups.